How do I change my Tuition Level?
If your student is attending a Pennsylvania publicly funded school before requesting a payment, you should check to see if the Tuition Level at which you have been saving matches the school your student will be attending. If it does not, you should change your Tuition Level. By making sure that your Tuition Level matches the public school being attended, you ensure that you will receive the full benefit of the PA 529 GSP to which you are entitled. If your student is attending a private or out-of-state school, your payment will be made based on your current Tuition Level (which you may change at any time). If you have not taken a qualified withdrawal from this account before, you also need to advise the PA 529 GSP that you intend to use your account.
You may call customer service at 1-800-440-4000 to change your Tuition Level and signify your intent to use your account. But you may also do so online by logging into your PA 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan account at PA 529.com "My Account."
Once you have logged into your account, click on the "Account Management" link. From this page you should:
- Click on "Change GSP Tuition Level"
- On the first screen, select the average tuition level or the specific Pennsylvania publicly funded school that you wish to set your account to. (Note: You may not need to make a change on this screen if your beneficiary is attending the school your account is currently set at or is going to a private or out-of-state school.)
- Depending on your previous selection, you may need to determine if your beneficiary is in-state, out-of-state, in-district, or out-of-district. (Note: This screen will be skipped if you are saving at the private four-year or Ivy League average.)
- If your beneficiary is going to a private or out-of-state school, you will need to find their "non-participating institution" by clicking the "search" button and typing the school name (or a portion of the school name) and selecting the appropriate location. If your beneficiary is attending a Pennsylvania publicly funded school (one that we have a tuition level for) you will simply want to skip this screen. (Note: Non-participating institution simply means that the school is not a Pennsylvania publicly funded institution.)
After you have updated your school of attendance you will be brought back to the "Account Management" screen. You should then click on the link to "Edit Matriculation Response" and set your account to "Yes."
After you have updated your school of attendance and matriculation response your account will automatically be ready for you to make online qualified withdrawal requests or download Payment Authorization Forms.
- What is the Pennsylvania 529 Guaranteed Savings Plan (GSP)?
- Who may open a PA 529 GSP account?
- Who can be a beneficiary of a PA 529 GSP account?
- How do I access my account to pay for qualified higher education expenses (qualified withdrawal)?
- When can I request payment for qualified higher education expenses?
- How do I obtain, complete and submit a Payment Authorization Form?
- What does it cost to open an account?
- What is the account maintenance fee?
- How much is the account maintenance fee?
- What if I am not a Pennsylvania resident?
- How do I enroll in the PA 529 GSP?
- Why do I need to choose a tuition level?
- How do I change my Tuition Level?
- Why is August 31 an important date for contributing to a PA 529 GSP account?