Keystone Scholars Partner Information
Thank you for helping spread the word on Pennsylvania’s child development account, Keystone Scholars. By doing this, you are helping ensure that every PA child has the opportunity for a better future. Information about the program and specific ways your type of organization can help parents know about their child’s account is in the downloadable partner information sheets at the right.
Keystone Scholars Resource Page
You can access and order materials at www.pa529.com/keystone/resources.
Keystone Corner Partner Newsletter
Find updates on the Keystone Scholars program, relevant news items, ideas for outreach, and examples of what some of our partners are doing in our periodic newsletter. If you’d like to be added to the newsletter, please email us.
What is Keystone Scholars?
The PA Treasury Department is investing $100 for every baby born to a Pennsylvania resident on or after January 1, 2019 for their post-secondary education.
- Babies receive the $100 ‘get-started’ deposit automatically. Babies adopted by PA residents may also qualify.
- Families can start their own savings in a separate PA529 College and Career Savings account.
- The goal of Keystone Scholars is to encourage a college-bound identity for every PA newborn and the program was developed with research and best practices in the growing field of child development accounts.
How does it work?
New and expectant parents can pre-register and learn more at www.pa529.com/keystone or through the materials provided.
Between 4-6 months after birth, eligible families will receive a letter from PA Treasury with instructions on how to register and access their child's account online. The birth certificate number, zip code, and birth date will be needed.
What can you do?
Trusted community partners are needed to inform expectant and new parents about Keystone Scholars to:
- Inform/remind parents about the program
- Tell parents that they will receive a letter from PA Treasury with more information about 4-6 months after their child's birth
- Reassure them the $100 account is real and is being provided to every child regardless of income
- Have fun imagining their child’s future with them!
PA Treasury offers training on the program for your frontline employees and can also conduct informational webinars for your patients and families. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.