Security and privacy are vitally important to the Pennsylvania 529 College Savings Program. We protect your account data and personal information by:
- Using data and password encryption technology.
- Maintaining firewalls and monitoring systems.
- Monitoring for intrusion attempts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Using leading security firms to conduct security audits and inspections.
How else does the program protect my security?
The security of your personal information, account transactions, and savings is a priority at the program. Using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, we automatically encrypt your sensitive information as it is transmitted from your computer to ours. Once your information reaches us, it resides on servers that are configured for maximum security and are continuously monitored for unauthorized changes. Our security architecture and security procedures are audited and inspected by industry leaders specializing in security processes and technologies.
How can I help protect my security?
- Use caution when choosing your user name and password. Choose a unique and secure password that will be difficult for others to guess. Do not use obvious or easily accessed data such as your name, initials, Social Security number, mother's maiden name, phone number, address, family birthdays, family names, pet names, or any combination of these. The program will never contact you to solicit your user name or password. Do not reveal them to anyone.
- Close your browser when finished. After you have finished your session on the website, log off and close your browser to delete information that may have been temporarily stored on your computer during your session.