Build Your Education Savings Plan
Select one of 14 individual portfolios that allow you to customize and manage your own education savings program. The balance of stocks and bonds will remain fixed until you make a change or adjust as your child reaches enrollment age.
Take the guesswork out of investing with a portfolio based on when your child will enroll. With more frequent rebalancing in two-year increments, you can reduce the risk and uncertainty that comes with larger adjustments and help keep your family's savings goals on track.
How the IP Plan Works
Your family has the freedom to save for education in a way that meets your goals and budget. You control your PA 529 IP account, selecting investment options from Vanguard, one of America's largest financial service companies. The options range from conservative to balanced to aggressive including target date portfolios that reallocate assets as the student gets closer to their enrollment date.
Your return is based on the performance of the underlying funds, which include stocks, bonds and other investments, depending on the options you choose. Due to market conditions, your return could be higher or lower than the rate of tuition inflation.
Enroll today with no minimum deposit.
Any legal U.S. resident age 18 and older can open a PA 529 IP account.
PA 529 Investment Plan Rated Silver by Morningstar™
Receiving its third consecutive Silver Rating , the PA 529 IP is among an elite group of only 14 plans nationwide that have received Silver or Gold by Morningstar™.
Citing the IP’s “straightforward and low-cost offering”, as well as the Pennsylvania Treasury Department’s “team-based approach and demonstrated ability to effectively oversee the program”, Morninstar's 2022 analysis designates the PA 529 IP as a best-in-class plan nationwide. Click here to read more about Morningstar's 2022 report.
Features & Benefits
- Low fees. The PA 529 IP is affordable with low fees that vary by investment option.
- Contribute with ease. Payroll deductions and automatic investing plans make saving even easier. Manage your account securely online anytime or call the PA 529 IP (800-440-4000) to speak to a savings specialist.
- Use your funds at most schools. Pay for postsecondary expenses at many colleges, universities, and community colleges, as well as graduate, career, and technical schools in the U.S. and abroad. You can also pay tuition up to $10,000 annually at K-12 public, private or religious schools. Visit fafsa.ed.gov to see eligible postsecondary schools or visit apprenticeship.gov.
- Pay for more than just tuition. Qualified postsecondary expenses include tuition, room and board, required books, supplies, equipment and fees, special needs services, and even principal and interest on a qualified education loan for a PA 529 beneficiary or sibling.
- Anyone can contribute. Parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and family friends can all help cover the cost of your child's education.
BY U.S. MAIL:
PA 529 College and Career
P.O. Box 55378
Boston, MA 02205-5378
BY REGISTERED, CERTIFIED OR OVERNIGHT MAIL:
PA 529 College and Career
95 Wells Avenue, Suite 155
Newton, MA 02459
Frequently Asked Questions about the PA 529 IP
You can change previous contributions from one investment option to another twice per calendar year or at any time you change the beneficiary (Note: the investment option change must take place at the same time as the beneficiary change).